Robin Rhine McDonald
Jerk Seasoned Shredded Pork Bowl
One of my favorite ways to meal prep is to slow cook some meat and create tasty bowls out of it.
This here is a jerk seasoned shredded pork bowl with fried plantains, broccoli, and a garlic aioli.
Maybe that sounds complicated, but in fact, it is QUITE easy and SOOoooo tasty!
- 3lbs of pork shoulder
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 ripe plantains
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1-2 large head(s) of broccoli
- 1.5 Tbs of jerk seasoning (a bit tricky to find and not necessary for this to work.)
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil based Mayo
- 2tbs of lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- The night before or morning before the dinner you want to have this meal, rub the salt all of the pork and cook it on low for 8-10 hours with the chicken broth in a slow cooker.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam in a pot until tender or cook in an instant pot for 2 min with a quick release.
- While the broccoli is cooking, slice the plantains and fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side in the avocado oil.
- Shred and heat the pork in another pan with the jerk seasoning.
- Mix together the Mayo, lemon juice and garlic for the aioli.
- Assemble your bowl and enjoy!!
Who’s trying this over the weekend? Send me a message and let me know!