Jerk Seasoned Shredded Pork Bowl
One of my favorite ways to meal prep is to slow cook some meat and create tasty bowls out of it.
This here is a jerk seasoned shredded pork bowl with fried plantains, broccoli, and a garlic aioli.
Maybe that sounds complicated, but in fact, it is QUITE easy and SOOoooo tasty!
- 3lbs of pork shoulder
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 ripe plantains
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1-2 large head(s) of broccoli
- 1.5 Tbs of jerk seasoning (a bit tricky to find and not necessary for this to work.)
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil based Mayo
- 2tbs of lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- The night before or morning before the dinner you want to have this meal, rub the salt all of the pork and cook it on low for 8-10 hours with the chicken broth in a slow cooker.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam in a pot until tender or cook in an instant pot for 2 min with a quick release.
- While the broccoli is cooking, slice the plantains and fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side in the avocado oil.
- Shred and heat the pork in another pan with the jerk seasoning.
- Mix together the Mayo, lemon juice and garlic for the aioli.
- Assemble your bowl and enjoy!!
Who’s trying this over the weekend? Send me a message and let me know!