Being healthy doesn't have to be hard. Sign up for our simple recipes, tips, & more!
Helping people create sustainable healthy lifestyles to be and do all that they're made to do! You are MADE WELL to BE WELL!
November 3, 2015
Okay, these were REALLY good. Ryan wished there were 6 more. I'm still learning how to cook enough to get him full... when in doubt, triple what I'd eat, I guess. Haha!
This is a great gluten free option! It's also low glycemic and low carb. It's packed with protein and 5 different kinds of veggies! Not to mention, it was a fairly inexpensive meal to make.
In total, this took me about an hour to make from start to finish.
- 3 Zucchinis
- 3 TBS Pesto (we love the Costco one!)
- Mozerella cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- A handful of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 of a red onion, diced
- 1/2 of a large bell pepper, diced (I used an orange one)
- 3 spicy Italian turkey sausage links
Here's all you have to do:
- Set your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut zucchini's in half, then scoop out the centers with a spoon (I saved what I scooped out ot make zucchini muffins!)
- Place on a baking sheet
- Saute onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms
- Uncase turkey sausage and put into little pieces in a cooking pan. Cook all the way through
- Distribute 3 TBS evenly in the bottom of each zucchini boat
- Fil each boat with the cooked veggies and turkey
- Cover with thin slices of mozerella
- Add 2-3 slices of tomato on top of each zucchini boat
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes
You'll LOVE this. Enjoy!!
3 Recipes from 1 Rotisserie Chicken
May 3, 2018
Beat the Rush
February 18, 2016
The Best Paleo Burger
September 1, 2018
No Sugar Added
Quality of Life