So the truth is... I've never made homemade soup before. And, well, this turned out REAL good. Who knew making soup was so easy! There's no sugar. It's gluten free and dairy free. It could also be vegan if people wanted to skip the chicken sausage.
- Chicken sausage (we used an apple flavored kind), sliced
- 2 15oz cans of Cannellini beans
- 1.5 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 oz of kale
- 1/2 tsp of oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp of parsley, dried
- 1 tsp of rosemary, dried
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 45 oz of chicken stock (about 3 cans, or 5.5 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- Heat sausage in a large pot with half the olive oil until browned. Set aside on plate with a paper towel.
- Add the rest of the olive oil and saute the onion, carrots, and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another couple minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and water.
- Add the oregano, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add kale, sausage, and beans.
- Bring pot to a boil, then let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese!
It was SO flavorful, and it hit the spot on the fall night we had it. It goes well with some homemade biscuits! ;)