- Robin Rhine McDonald
Spaghetti Squash GLORY
Ryan and I have been SUPER stoked on spaghetti squash recently. We just discovered it a couple months ago. I can't believe we've gone so long without it!
Here's why this is good. This is a low glycemic meal option. You get the comforty goodness of pasta without the processed pasta noodles and sugary sauces. The noodles are another serving of vegetables! What a concept. We love it, and I think you will too!
So this is a VERY simple recipe, it just requires a bit of time.
Serves 3 hungry people.
- Sqaghetti squash
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Organic (clean ingredient) marinara sauce... I like tomatoe basil flavors best
- 4 oz of cream cheese (no need to go low fat!)
- Italian turkey sausage
- Set your oven to 400 degrees
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half, and drizzle each side with the olive oil.
- Place it on a cookie sheet and bake for an hour.
- About 20 minutes before your spaghetti squash is done, start getting the sausage and sauce ready.
- Uncase the turkey sausage and break it up into little pieces to cook in a pan. It takes about 5-7 minutes to cook on medium high. Make sure it's cooked all the way through!
- Pour your marinara in a large pot and heat up.
- Add the cream cheese to the marinara and stir until it melts in
- When the squash is done, fork it out and add it to the sauce. Toss in your sausage and voila!
I also steamed some green cauliflower when I made it last... obviously. Green beans, broccolli, and many others are also great sides!